Pages

Tuesday 18 October 2016

40 Weeks - Still Pregnant

I was wrong.

The baby didn't arrive the day I thought it would.

I'm still pregnant.

Due date bump
40 Weeks Pregnant - Clearly, my womb is comfortable!

And I'm angry.

Like this enormous ball of pregnant rage.
This has been such a long and mentally tiring pregnancy. I've had to do so much fighting. I want a rest now.

Instead, I'm gearing up for the next battle. Preparing myself for the inevitable conversation about induction when I see my consultant.

Even though I'm desperate for this pregnancy to be over, for the next stage to begin, I don't want to be induced.

I don't need to be induced.

My body is capable of going into labour without assistance.


Fertility Goddess Sculpture
Yeah, that's me,
a Fertility Goddess!
But do I have the energy to fight it?

What I need now is to feel special, cherished, blessed.

I want to be pampered and preened and looked after. To be massaged and celebrated and anointed.

I want to feel like some sort of fertility goddess!

Instead, I have to think of activities to do with the kids, plan and make meals, and do regular household jobs.

This could go on for another two weeks!

I won't be pregnant forever. I know that. Even though it's been an eternity already.

And thank God I'm not an elephant! Can you imagine? Nearly two years of pregnancy.

I've tried hot curries, jalapeƱos, sex, bouncing on the birth ball, squats, expressing colostrum, making exciting plans.

Nothing.

All I am now is exhausted and fed up.

I want to be left alone, but when I am I feel lonely.

I saw my midwife today. Baby is 3/5 engaged. Blood pressure perfect. Blood sugars fine. Urine as it should be. Baby's heartbeat and position are great.

I have another scan tomorrow and my consultant appointment.

It would be wonderful if I could have this baby before then, so I don't have to sit in that stuffy waiting room, before explaining again to the sonographer that I don't have a Growth chart, and having to discuss whether the consultant wants to set a date for induction.

I don't want to have to explain why I'm not keen on a stretch and sweep.

Come on, Baby. We're waiting for you.

Everyone is impatient.

We want to know what you look like.

Are you a boy or a girl?

40 Weeks Pregnant Red Panda
Baby is the size of a (tailless) red panda
Who will you be?

Weekly Statistics
Average after meal sugars: 5.0 mmol/L
Average fasting sugars: 4.2 mmol/L
Weight:  0 lb

Catch up: 39 Weeks
Next:

MaternityMondays

Check out My Thoughts on Things on Facebook.

Images: Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment