Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2016

25 Weeks - The Wall

I've reached exhaustion point.

Hit the Wall in this Pregnancy Marathon.

And it can only get worse. 

Sleeping Woman
I'd dream of sleeping, if I could only nap!

I don't know if it's pregnancy tired or parenting tired, but if this is how I'm feeling now, I dread to think what it's going to be like come October and the new arrival.

It's also quite exhausting to be constantly thinking about food, and not being able to eat what I want when I want. The heat has affected my appetite too. Gestational Diabetes is tiring.

I've reached that stage of pregnancy where I feel constantly hungry, but get full up very quickly. And I need to wee ALL the time!
pregnant lady walking
Is this the face of someone enjoying pregnancy?

And, of course, I have the worry that I might be contacted by the Safeguarding Team after being referred for refusing Consultant Led Care. Though, the more time that passes, the less likely it is that I will be contacted, so the worry is lessening.

Being pregnant for the third time is so different to the first, and even the second. 

Obviously, there is no opportunity for me to nap, but all the other parenting stuff I have to do is so tiring too. I've had to introduce quiet time into each afternoon, simply so I can sit down and do nothing for an hour. The girls get to pick their quiet activity, and I get to rest while they get on with it. Most days they choose to watch something on the telly, and, to be honest, I'm totally down with that! We do enough during the rest of the long days for me to feel absolutely no guilt about making use of Netflix, Iplayer or a film to help us all chill for a bit.

I had my whooping cough vaccination last week. I didn't have it when I was pregnant with M, because I felt it was a bit of an experiment, but this time around I was more reassured by it.

I'll tell you what though, it really hurt and made my arm so itchy for over a week.

syringeAnd I still have a lump there.

Not a lot of fun, but perhaps I'm just a delicate flower, as my midwife suggested!

And, on the plus side, my baby will be protected against whooping cough, and I got to have half an hour without the kids.

Talking of my midwife, we had our 24 week appointment on Friday. All was good, again. Normal blood pressure; nothing untoward in my urine; and a good strong heartbeat for baby.

You may remember my concerns from a few weeks ago about baby being transverse. I was right not to worry, as it is head down now, with the back to my left.

25 weeks pregnant bump
Bump surrounded by laundry
I shall be continuing to hang over my birthing ball frequently, and doing my Birthlight yoga which has some moves for helping baby to find and remain in a good position.

The Hubby and I have booked onto an NCT Antenatal Refresher Course. It feels like a long time since I gave birth to M, so it will be good to be reminded about a few things. But mainly, I'm looking forward to making some more Mum Friends who will have babies around the same time as us.


When M was born, I had two good friends who gave birth within a few months of me, so I had company. This time around it's a different situation, so it will be good to have company again.

Oh, and in case you're interested, I've had some heartburn. I haven't had the lucky escape I thought I was getting. Pass me the Gaviscon!

Statistics from the Last Fortnight
Average after meal sugars: 4.8 mmol/L
Average fasting sugars: 4.7 mmol/L
Weight:  -3lb
Catch up: 23 Weeks
Next: 28 Weeks
Prairie Dog
Baby is the size of a Prairie Dog
MaternityMondays

No comments:

Post a Comment