Pages

Saturday 15 February 2014

Mamatography 6 - Valentine's Day


I've come to the realisation that it is much easier to do activities with B if they have a theme, something to work towards. This week we focused on Valentine's Day. B and I made chocolates for daddy by putting sprinkles and melted chocolate into a silicon ice cube tray, heart shaped of course! B loved doing this, and probably felt quite grown up. 

It was great to see the concentration on her face as she spooned the chocolate into the mould. And I got 10 minutes peace while she licked out the bowl!
I got B's handprint and M's footprints onto a canvas to write 'Love'. Trying to get a baby's footprints on my own was an interesting activity!
And B also made Daddy a card using the salad spinner art technique from The Imagination Tree. She enjoyed that activity, but needed assistance spinning the spinner fast enough. I think next time we do it, I'll water the paint down a bit so it can move more freely. 
I bought the hubby a heart shaped Brie, because he loves cheese. And he made me some amazing fudge in the slow cooker. Very pleased with him!
We don't normally put in a great deal of effort for Valentine's Day - we try to show how much we love each other every day! - but it was fun doing these activities. The canvas is a lovely keepsake and we'll definitely try the spin art again. And that fudge is tasty!

mtbadge2
We are taking (at least) a photo a day, a collage or a picture each week to keep a record of our year. Join us at any point during the year and start sharing your own daily photos!
Click Get the code here below to add the blog hop to your blog and join the fun. (Also sign up to be added to a comment group!)





1 comment:

  1. Lovely post Laura and yes, we do exactly the same! We have a theme every week, planned in advance, otherwise I spend my days trying to think of things to do, rather than doing them!

    ReplyDelete