Pages

Monday 4 July 2011

Today I created a new blog...

I used to have a blog: http://laurahoneybee.blogspot.com. It still exists, though I'm not sure of the password for it - pregnancy brain is to blame! - but I feel I have grown up a lot since writing it. Whether that means I am less funny, I do not know, but I think, perhaps, that I am a little wiser. I have more grey hairs in any case! So, today I created a new blog. This will be a place where I can comment on books I have read; Bible passages that have intrigued or challenged me; and things that have happened in my life.


As a brief introduction, I have been married for just over 18 months, and I am 34 weeks pregnant with our first child. I did a drama degree and eventually became an English teacher. In between, I worked for a church, where I was involved in student work, youth work and caring for the elderly, as well as speaking and preaching.

I often think there needs to be a slight arrogance about writing blogs, as if the writer thinks that they have something worth saying that others will agree is worth reading. I don't think that what I have to say is that important to anyone out there, but I do value the opportunity to give 'voice' to my thoughts and ideas, whether or not anyone ever reads them.

No comments:

Post a Comment