Pages

Saturday 16 August 2014

One Thing I Have Learnt

Today is my 31st birthday. I wanted to write a clever blog with 31 inspiring things I've learnt in my life, etc., but I couldn't really think of 31 things that would be at all interesting to anyone. 

There is one thing I have learnt though. Other people will be the way they are no matter what we do. It's rare that we can change someone else's behaviour, and so we can only be responsible for our own. Some people will be unkind or rude or challenging or dishonest, no matter how we behave towards them. And so, no matter how hard it is, we must be kind. That is the only thing that will raise us up. To be unkind will only bring us down to their level. 

Mother Teresa put it so much better:

Or, in the words of Bill S. Preston Esq., "Be excellent to each other!" (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure)

No comments:

Post a Comment