Pages

Monday 19 November 2012

Bible in a Year - Day 206

Day 200 - Psalm 25, 26 & 27; Acts 20:17-38
He guides the humble in what is right    
 and teaches them his way. (Psalm 25:9)
The Lord is my light and my salvation –
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life –
    

 of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1) 
For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
     

and set me high upon a rock. (Psalm 27:5)
Though my father and mother forsake me,     
the Lord will receive me. (Psalm 27:10) 


Day 201 - Psalm 28, 29 & 30; Acts 21:1-14
Praise be to the Lord,
    for he has heard my cry for mercy.

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him.

The Lord is the strength of his people,     
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. (Psalm 28:6-8)
The Lord gives strength to his people;     
the Lord blesses his people with peace. (Psalm 29:11)
I will exalt you, Lord,
    for you lifted me out of the depths
    and did not let my enemies gloat over me. 

Lord my God, I called to you for help,
    and you healed me. 

You, Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead;    
 you spared me from going down to the pit. (Psalm 30:1-3)
For his anger lasts only a moment,
    but his favour lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
    

 but rejoicing comes in the morning. (Psalm 30:5)
You turned my wailing into dancing;     
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy (Psalm 30:11)


Day 202 - Psalm 31, 32 & 33; Acts 21:15-40
How abundant are the good things
    that you have stored up for those who fear you,
that you bestow in the sight of all,
    on those who take refuge in you. 

In the shelter of your presence you hide them
    from all human intrigues;
you keep them safe in your dwelling
    from accusing tongues.

Praise be to the Lord,
    for he showed me the wonders of his love
    when I was in a city under siege. 
In my alarm I said,
    ‘I am cut off from your sight!’
Yet you heard my cry for mercy
     
when I called to you for help. (Psalm 31:19-22)
You are my hiding-place;
    you will protect me from trouble
     
and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7)
For the word of the Lord is right and true;
    he is faithful in all he does. 
The Lord loves righteousness and justice;     
the earth is full of his unfailing love. (Psalm 33:4-5)


Day 203 - Psalm 34 & 35; Acts 22
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;    
 he delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
    and he delivers them.

Taste and see that the Lord is good;    
 blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. (Psalm 34:7-8)
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
    he delivers them from all their troubles. 
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted     
and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:17-18)
The Lord will rescue his servants;     
no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned. (Psalm 34:22)
My whole being will exclaim,
    ‘Who is like you, Lord?
You rescue the poor from those too strong for them,
    
 the poor and needy from those who rob them.’ (Psalm 35:10)


Day 204 - Psalm 36 & 37; Acts 23:1-11
Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens,
    your faithfulness to the skies. 

Your righteousness is like the highest mountains,
    your justice like the great deep.
    You, Lord, preserve both people and animals. 

How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!
    People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. 

They feast in the abundance of your house;
    you give them drink from your river of delights. 

For with you is the fountain of life;    
 in your light we see light. (Psalm 36:5-9)
The Lord makes firm the steps
    of the one who delights in him; 

though he may stumble, he will not fall,    
 for the Lord upholds him with his hand. (Psalm 37:23-24)


Day 205 - Psalm 38, 39 & 40; Acts 23:12-35
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand. 

He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
     
and put their trust in him. (Psalm 40:2-3)
 

Day 206 - Psalm 41, 42 & 43; Acts 24

No comments:

Post a Comment