Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2015

30 Days Wild | 2: The Parable of the Weeds...

Day 2 of 30 Days Wild
In the words of Winnie the Pooh, today was, "A rather blustery day." It was raining when we got up and the wind was incredibly strong. I thought that the closest we would get to nature would be reading The Gruffalo, and watching our garden get a good watering, but then the wind blew away the rain clouds and the sun came out. It was a beautiful afternoon, so we went into the garden and I did some weeding, whilst B played with pebbles and M tried to get herself trapped behind the shed.

https://www.facebook.com/mythoughtsonthings?fref=nf 

Being the novice gardener that I am, I set up my vegetable patch in a really awkward way, and I forgot to label where everything was sown. I've got a rough idea, but it's making weeding a little complicated, especially as I haven't been able to distinguish between weeds and the seedlings that I want to keep. So far, I've been working on the biblical principle of waiting until everything's grown before I get rid of the weeds (Matthew 13:24-30)! However, I can finally recognise the beginnings of spring onions and carrots, so their area is now weed-free. The peas, on the other hand, seem to resemble the intruders I've been plucking from elsewhere, so they'll have to put up with their unwanted neighbours for a bit longer. Or until my dad can come along and rescue them!

M took great delight in pointing out clouds to me, but it appears a bit more education is needed, as she tried to tell me that an aeroplane overhead was a bird.
We found a spider running around the lettuces, much to B's consternation. I don't know where her fear of spiders has come from - she used to love them.

Did you get outside today?

Check out My Thoughts on Things on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment