Pages

Saturday 9 August 2014

Mamatography 31 - Keeping Up with The Bake Off

The Great British Bake Off is back. We love it in our house. And this year I have set myself the challenge to keep up with the Bake Off. Every week I'm going to try to make each of the items the contestants have made. It will force me to learn some new baking skills, but I'm also using it as an opportunity to do something fun with B. 
First out of the oven is Mary Berry's Cherry Cake. It gave me the chance to use the bundt tin I got for Christmas. B loved making this cake - I got her to chop all the cherries herself, with a sharp(ish!) knife, and she did a surprisingly awesome job. I was so impressed. She helped to operate the electric mixer too, which heretofore she has been afraid of, and she did the decoration. M was meant to be having a nap, but wasn't interested, so we gave her a mixing bowl and a tiny wooden spoon, which kept her occupied for ages. 
For our first attempt, I think we did pretty well, though it was a little dry. Very tasty though. 
Next up are Swiss Roll and some individual cakes. 


mtbadge2

We are taking (at least) a photo a day, a collage or a picture each week to keep a record of our year. Join us at any point during the year and start sharing your own daily photos!

Click Get the code here below to add the blog hop to your blog and join the fun. (Also sign up to be added to a comment group!)



This is a Blog Hop!

You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 1 day, 0 hrs, 31 min (8/10/2014 11:26 PM Europe - Greenwich Mean Time)

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...



No comments:

Post a Comment