Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Holiday?

They say a change is as good as a rest. Well, I'm about to put that to the test. You see, we're about to go on our first family holiday, just the three of us, not staying with friends or family. Only I'm not sure there is such a thing as a holiday when you have a baby.

Hubby gets time off work - he can sleep longer, leave his laptop and his Blackberry behind, and someone else will deal with the customers.

I will be doing what I normally do: being a mummy, with all that entails, including nighttime breastfeeds, waking when the baby wakes, keeping the three of us organised, watered and fed. I won't be resting.

He's going to be doing all the nappy changes though. That's our deal. And I'll be allowed to go to the toilet alone.

Now, if I can just wangle the odd relaxing bath, I can have a change AND a rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment