Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2016

33 weeks - A Brief Update


Not a great deal to report this week.


We saw our midwife, and she explained everything she knew about polyhydramnios, but she also recommended that we talk to a Consultant.

As I have maintained all along that I would see a Consultant if any issue arose with my pregnancy, then I could hardly refuse!

And I will likely get more answers too.

As I was offered the opportunity to meet with the Lead Obs & Gynae Consultant regarding my complaint, I have decided to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, and use that meeting as a chance to discuss the polyhydramnios issue as well.

I'll let you know how the meeting goes.

I am yet to receive a response to my own official complaint, but let's see what the post brings today!

Mandy said that she has never had any issue feeling baby's whereabouts or finding the heartbeat, so my assumption is that any extra fluids I have must be pretty mild. She said not to rule out homebirth just yet, but to have my plans B, C, etc. in place, and to be prepared that whoever attends my birth might suddenly suggest during labour that I should transfer into hospital. She added that she knows I would listen to her, which is why she wouldn't rule it out yet.
Our NCT teacher also said that the fluid volume can change frequently, so I'm feeling more hopeful.

We've been getting organised though, for when the baby arrives. I've been in contact with the Infant Feeding Coordinator at the hospital; ordered a few Supplemental Nursing Systems; organised another milk donor; started to stock up on nappies; and ordered nearly all of our Christmas presents so that we have one less job to do post-October.
33 weeks pregnant caulifower
Baby is the size of a cauliflower -
the low carber's best friend!

Weekly Statistics
Average after meal sugars: 4.7 mmol/L
Average fasting sugars: 4.4 mmol/L
Weight:  +1 lb

Catch up: 32 Weeks
Next: 36 Weeks
MaternityMondays

Check out My Thoughts on Things on Facebook.


Images: Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment