Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

Bible in a Year - Day 192

Day 186 - Job 29 & 30; Acts 12
Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Quick, get up!” he said, and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists. (Acts 12:7)
Then Peter came to himself and said, “Now I know without a doubt that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from Herod’s clutches and from everything the Jewish people were hoping would happen.” (Acts 12:11)



Day 187 -Job 31 & 32; Acts 13:1-23
The God of the people of Israel chose our ancestors; he made the people prosper during their stay in Egypt; with mighty power he led them out of that country; for about forty years he endured their conduct in the wilderness. (Acts 13:17-18) 
From this man’s descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised. (Acts 13:23)

Day 188 -Job 33 & 34; Acts 13:24-52
The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. (Job 33:4)
Therefore, my brothers and sisters, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses. (Acts 13:38-39)
And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit. (Acts 13:52)

Day 189 - Job 35, 36 & 37; Acts 14
God is mighty, but despises no one; he is mighty, and firm in his purpose. (Job 36:5)
Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy. (Acts 14:17)

Day 190 - Job 38 & 39; Acts 15:1-21
Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
    and a path for the thunderstorm,

to water a land where no one lives,
    an uninhabited desert,

to satisfy a desolate wasteland    and make it sprout with grass? (Job 38:25-27)
After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. (Acts 15:7-9)

Day 191 - Job 40, 41 & 42; Acts 15:22-41 


Day 192 - Psalm 1, 2 & 3; Acts 16:1-15
But you, Lord, are a shield around me,
    my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
I call out to the Lord,
    and he answers me from his holy mountain.
I lie down and sleep;
    I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
I will not fear though tens of thousands    assail me on every side. (Psalm 3:3-6)



No comments:

Post a Comment