Pages

Monday 14 May 2012

Bible in a Year - Day 17

Good grief  - it's 5 days since I last posted about my Bible in a Year challenge, but I can assure you I have been keeping up with the reading.

In a bid to keep this from being the longest post ever written, I shall give the readings and the verses that I feel most show God's love.

Day 13 - Genesis 31 & 32; Matthew 10:24-42
...yet your father has cheated me by changing my wages ten times. However, God has not allowed him to harm me. 
(Genesis 31:7)

If the God of my father, the God of Abraham and the Fear of Isaac, had not been with me, you would surely have sent me away empty-handed. But God has seen my hardship and the toil of my hands, and last night he rebuked you. 
(Genesis 31:42)

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.  
(Matthew 10:29-31)

And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is known to be my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly be rewarded. 
(Matthew 10:42)



Day 14 - Genesis 33, 34 & 35; Matthew 11
Then come, let us go up to Bethel, where I will build an altar to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and who has been with me wherever I have gone. 
(Genesis 35:3)

Then they set out, and the terror of God fell on the towns all around them so that no one pursued them. 
(Genesis 35:5)

The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor. 
(Matthew 11:5)

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 
(Matthew 11:28-30)




Day 15 - Genesis 36 & 37; Matthew 12:1-21
How much more valuable is a human being than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other.  
(Matthew 12:12-13)


Day 16 - Genesis 38, 39 & 40; Matthew 12:22-50
 The Lord was with Joseph so that he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master.
(Genesis 39:2)

From the time he put him in charge of his household and of all that he owned, the Lord blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph. The blessing of the Lord was on everything Potiphar had, both in the house and in the field.
(Genesis 39:5)

But while Joseph was there in the prison, the Lord was with him; he showed him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden. 
(Genesis 39:20b-21)

 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see.
(Matthew 12:22)


Day 17 - Genesis 41; Matthew 13:1-32
Then Joseph said to Pharaoh, “The dreams of Pharaoh are one and the same. God has revealed to Pharaoh what he is about to do. 
(Genesis 41:25)

Joseph named his firstborn Manasseh and said, “It is because God has made me forget all my trouble and all my father’s household." The second son he named Ephraim and said, “It is because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering.”  
(Genesis 41:51-52)

“‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.
“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’ 
“‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. (Matthew 13:28-29)

No comments:

Post a Comment